We have a passion for running.
The Northeast Striders began in 2014 as a small running club. The group soon became one of the top clubs in the city due to our commitment to training, love for the sport, and support of one and other. Any child, regardless of speed and ability, has a place on this team - provided they are willing to train hard and be a good sport.
The Mission of the Northeast Striders is to develop a love of running in young athletes and to teach them to be well-rounded competitors
NORTHEAST STRIDERS IS A CLUB FOR:
- Children grades K-8 of any ability who want to develop a love of running.
- Children who wish to develop their Cross Country or Track ability further - either exclusively with the club or in partnership with their school team.
- Parents who want their child to develop discipline, grit, and positive attributes such as self-esteem and good sportsmanship.
We focus on cardiovascular fitness, speed, and endurance. Practices are demanding and the coaching team will ask for 100% at every practice. That said, each child is treated as an individual - whether the fastest of the group or a developing runner...we will meet that child where they are. It's the effort that matters most.
Practices with Striders:
- Build endurance, strength and speed
- Follow a progression over the course of a season to reach peak performance
- As Nike's Oregon Project coach, Alberto Salazar put it: "Never quit teaching form."
- Treat young athletes with discipline and compassion